- Very first day in treatment, which comes with rehab center intake, ought to be the easiest day of your treatment. This is basically the day to obtain settled in, learn where everything is to see what is expected of you. You will be asked many questions related to your addiction and treatment. Anticipate to answer them as honestly as you’re able to and cooperate fully utilizing the staff.
- The intake process generally starts with the first telephone call you create towards the treatment facility. Ask as numerous questions as you can to get an excellent understanding as to what they do while the processes they normally use. Probably one of the most common questions individuals ask is: “What is rehab like?” Whenever you arrive, you will most likely meet one-on-one with a certified counselor. You will be inquired about your drug history and what you are actually intending to accomplish when you are in rehab. You will have to explain once you began using of course there is any issue you had that caused you to begin to use drugs. Inform your counselor about any underlying medical issues which you have. This is especially true when you have a psychological disorder or if you are being treated for depression. The counselor will be able to measure the severity of the addiction centered on your answers to those questions. It also helps the therapy center determine the perfect plan of action for your treatment. Each treatment plan is tailored to individuals’ needs based on their intake information.
- When you talk with a counselor during rehab center intake, you will be given a complete physical so that you can assess your physical wellness. You’re going to be asked to take a detox test, that will see whether you have recently used drugs or alcohol. In the event that you test positive for alcohol and drugs, your first step in the treatment process is supposed to be detox. If you should be currently clean and sober, you are going to go directly to the procedure program. You’re going to be required to give information on your medical history. Allow the medical professional know if you have any underlying medical issues such as for example raised blood pressure, asthma or hepatitis.
- The facility will undoubtedly be in charge of your health care, and additionally they could even give you additional testing to guage your health problems. Give them any prescriptions you have. They will certainly keep consitently the medications in the pharmacy in the facility, and they’re going to make fully sure you get the mandatory medications each day. You won’t be allowed to keep them to you. You certainly will meet regularly with physicians who can monitor your problem.
DEALING WITH YOUR THINGS
- As soon as you meet the required individuals for check-in, you’ll be taken fully to your room where a counselor is certainly going through your packed bag to you. He or she will check all your belongings to make sure you don’t have drugs, alcohol, weapons or any other items which are prohibited. Many facilities will need cellphones, computers or any other communication devices. It’s always best to check beforehand to see what items they allow and what things you really need to leave home.
WHAT NEVER TO BRING
The list of items that you might be allowed to have while in treatment varies from a single facility to some other. You will find standard things that most facilities will not enable you to have. You can easily ask someone because of this information through your rehab center intake or prior to going. It really is a good idea for you know what to pack if you are going to rehab.
Types of things you ought to leave in the home include:
- Over-the-counter medications that have already been opened
- Alcohol or drugs
- Bed linens
- Musical instrumentsv
- Electronic devices
- Excessive makeup or jewelry
- Food or drinks
- Revealing clothing
- T-shirts or other clothing things that promote drugs or alcohol
- Large amounts of money
Things that you need to bring to you include:
- Seven days’ worth of casual, comfortable clothing
- Current prescriptions
- Laundry supplies
- Hygiene items
- Electric razor
- Shaving cream
- New, unopened, over-the-counter medications
- Alarm clock
- International calling cards
- When you get checked in, you’re going to be given the possibility to eat dinner and relax in your living space. You may be invited to join in if an organization meeting is within progress. In the event that you require medical assistance, the time has come that it’ll be given.
Be sure that you read our full article about Rehabilitation Centres In Cape Town!